Highland Church Family,
On March 15 we voluntarily complied with the recommendations of the CDC and governor’s directive to ‘find alternatives to in-person gatherings to avoid endangering congregants.’ Since the relative health risk of contracting the coronavirus has lessened, we believe it is safe to resume meeting again in person incorporating the precautions listed below.
It is therefore with great joy that the pastors and deacons have decided to reopen the church beginning Sunday, May 31stfor one combined service at 10:45am. We hope you will join us. To ensure the safety of all who attend we are requesting that everyone follow these precautionary measures:
- Refrain from shaking hands and giving hugs except with mutual consent.
- Refrain from attending if sick with fever, cough, sore throat, etc.
- Wash hands frequently and cover coughs and sneezes.
- The offering will be taken up by the ushers at the door as you leave.
- Doors will be kept open in order to avoid personal contact with surfaces.
- Gloves and facemasks will be optional but not required.
- The Church will utilize a cleaning company to perform a deep cleaning before each service.
- Hand sanitizers will be readily available for personal use.
We are eager to gather again as a church body. However, we know that some may still feel unsafe to do so at this time. We respect your decision and do not want to pressure anyone against their will. In order to accommodate those who prefer to stay home, we will air the entire service over our Facebook live-stream.
Rejoicing in Christ,
Pastor Andrew Shumaker